Take the guesswork out of developing a plan for your physical touchpoints during a rebrand.
Crucial Mistakes During Re-branding and How to Combat Them
Because consumers don’t just purchase your product or service, they buy what your brand stands for, your brand is an essential part of how customers and clients perceive you in the marketplace. A recognizable brand fosters trust and credibility, supports your advertising efforts, and even builds your company’s financial value.
If you’ve ever gone through a rebrand, then you know firsthand how difficult the physical conversion can be. With multiple locations and assets like signs, vehicles, and marketing materials needing updates, there are a lot of details and deadlines to keep track of.
After nearly two decades of planning, managing, and executing physical rebrands for our clients, here are five crucial mistakes we typically see and how you can combat them.
- Old and new branding in the public eye. Losing track of which brand messaging is used at each location will be confusing to your clients. Create a database of every branded physical asset so you can ensure each one is changed out.
- Blown budgets. The cost of new signage and branded materials aren’t the only things to budget for. Make sure to plan for the removal of old signage, the installation of new signage, and other “soft costs.”
- Missed deadlines. Start with the end in mind and set realistic deadlines for each phase of the rebrand. Pad timelines for the unexpected: bad weather, additional manufacturing, and change orders.
- No ongoing brand management. After the rebrand is complete, keep track of what assets are used at each location, when each was deployed, and get regularly scheduled updates.
- Executing with a lack of experience. Trying to carry out a rebrand on your own without having any prior experience or the guidance of experts is bound to cost your company more. Partner with someone who knows how to overcome the challenges.
Outsourcing the physical conversion and vendor management to a company like Implementix can enable your team avoid costly delays and missteps. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help you with your next project.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter